Mohit Raina is an Indian actor and a model. He played the main role of Lord Shiva in the TV series Devon Ke Dev – Mahadev, so let us know some interesting facts about Mohit Raina today.
Mohit Raina was born on 14 August 1982 in Jammu and was raised in Jammu. He was very fond of watching TV in his childhood. He often used to watch historical movies on television. After receiving his degree in commerce, he came to Mumbai, where he started modeling. In 2005, Mohit Raina reduced his weight of 29 kilograms to participate in the Grasim Mr. India Modeling Competition. Mohit was placed in the top five contestants in that competition.
Mohit Raina is a 6 Feet Tall (182 in Centimeter) and his approx weight is 78 kg (172 lbs). He has a Black hair color and Brown eyes color.
Family & Girlfriend
His father’s name is Late P.L. Raina and his mother’s name is Sushma Kumara, he lives with his family in Mumbai.
Mohit Raina was rumored to be dating Actress Mouni Roy.
According to the year 2019, he is Unmarried.
He started his acting career with “Meher” in the TV show in 2005, after which he played “Vikrant” role in Science fiction TV show “Antariksh – Ek Amar Katha” in 2006. In 2008, Mohit played “JaiKishan” role in the comedy movie “Don Muthu Swami”. But this movie was not successful at the box office, after which he started working in the television world. In 2009, he played “Garv Dhanvat Rai” in the TV series “Chehra”. In the year 2010, Mohit played “Rishabh Hiten Mahivanshi” in the TV show “Bandini”. In the year 2011, he played the lead role of “Agantuk” in the TV show “Ganga Kii Dheej”.
In 2011, Mohit played the main role of Lord Shiva in the TV show “Devon Ke Dev – Mahadev”. To play the role of Lord Shiva, he had to improve his body and so he started learning Indian classical dance Kathak, which was an integral part of his role as Shiva. This show was based on Lord Shiva’s life, He played more than 30 different characters of Lord Shiva in this show, which lasted for three years, ended in 2014.
In 2013, Mohit played the role of Lord Shiva in the TV show Mahabharat, and in the year 2016, he played Ashoka in the TV show Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat.
In the year 2018, he played the lead role of Havildar Ishar Singh in historical period drama television series “21 Sarfarosh – Saragarhi 1897“.
In the year 2019, he played the role of Captain Karan Kashyap in the Bollywood film “Uri: The Surgical Strike”.
- 2013: Indian Telly Awards Best Actor In A Lead Role (Devon Ke Dev – Mahadev).
- 2015: Star Guild Awards Best Actor In A Lead Role (Devon Ke Dev – Mahadev).
- 2018: ITA Award for the Best Actor (Jury).
- He likes to eat Rajma-chawal, Gajar ka Halwa, and Samosa.
- He is a fan of Amitabh Bachchan, Denzel Washington, Sylvester Stallone, Shah Rukh Khan, Madhuri Dixit, and Alia Bhatt.
- His Favourite Bollywood film Sholay, Taare Zameen Par, and Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge.
- His Favourite cricketer is MS Dhoni.
- His Favourite book is “The Success Principles” by Jack Canfield.
- His Favourite Destination is Greece and Switzerland.
- His hobbies including Meditation, Reading, and Gymming.
Some Facts about Mohit Raina
- Mohit weighed around 107 kg, he has reduced his weight of 29 kg for modeling.
- In 2005 Grasim Mister India, he was among the top 5 contestants.
- He belongs to a Kashmiri Pandit family.
- He is a fitness freak.
- He became popular by playing the role of Lord Shiva in the tv’s show “Devon Ke Dev… Mahadev”.
- He played the role of King Ashoka in the tv show “Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat”.
- After being a super hit from Mahadev, Mohit Raina started charging more fees than before. He is now charging 2 lakh rupees per day.
- Mohit had been dreaming of joining the army since childhood. He told during an interview that, “I have given exams for the National Defense Academy (NDA) several times but have not been selected yet. I was quite overconfident. I thought I’m 6 feet, my selection will be done, but I could not clear the Vision Test. “