Rekha Jhunjhunwala is the wife of the popular Businessman Rakesh Jhunjhunwala. Rakesh Jhunjhunwala was considered as ‘the Indian Warren Buffet’ or ‘the King of Dalal Street’ with a Midas touch. Read details about Rekha Jhunjhunwala Wiki, Biography, Age, Husband, Boyfriend, Height, Weight, Date of Birth, Instagram, Career, Religion, Body Measurement, Family & more.
Rekha Jhunjhunwala was born on 12 September 1963 (age 59 years; as of 2022) in Mumbai, Maharashtra India. Her Zodiac sign is Virgo. She completed her graduation from Mumbai University.
Height, Weight, Physical Appearance
Rekha Jhunjhunwala Ethnicity is Indian and she has black eyes and black hair. Her height is 5′ 5″ and weight is 65 kg.
Rekha Jhunjhunwala belongs to a Hindu family.
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Purushotam Premraj Gupta.
Husband & Children
On 22 February 1987, she married Indian Businessman Rakesh Jhunjhunwala.
Together, Rekha Jhunjhunwala and Rakesh Jhunjhunwala have a son named Aryaman Jhunjhunwala & Aryaveer Jhunjhunwala and a daughter named Nishtha Jhunjhunwala.
On 14 August 2022, Rakesh felt some uneasiness in health, due to which he was rushed to Breach Candy Hospital in Mumbai. He died at around 6:30 later that morning. Doctors reported that he also suffered from a kidney-related problem and acute multiple organ failure. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi shared his condolence stating “Rakesh Jhunjhunwala was indomitable.
Rakesh Jhunjhunwala was indomitable. Full of life, witty and insightful, he leaves behind an indelible contribution to the financial world. He was also very passionate about India’s progress. His passing away is saddening. My condolences to his family and admirers. Om Shanti. pic.twitter.com/DR2uIiiUb7
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) August 14, 2022
Il Palazzo, Little Gibbs Rd, Malabar Hill, Mumbai.
Some Interesting Facts About Rekha Jhunjhunwala
- Rekha Jhunjhunwala was born and brought up in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
- Her full name is Rekha Rakesh Jhunjhunwala.
- Rekha Jhunjhunwala maintains a low profile, but Rakesh often talks about her in interviews on TV channels. She is the joint owner of the couple’s privately owned stock trading firm, Rare Enterprises. Interestingly, the name of the firm combines the first two letters of her husband Rakesh’s name (Ra) and hers (Re).
- The most popular lady on Dalal Street is the wife of none other than Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, the famed investor who is often called the Warren Buffett of India. While we know a lot about Rakesh Junjhunwala, the same cannot be said about his significant other. So, who is Rekha Jhunjhunwala? On this International Women’s Day, we introduce you to her. We will also take a look into her much envied portfolio, the value of which surged a whopping 47 percent in the last year.
- Rekha Jhunjhunwala maintains a low profile, but Rakesh often talks about her in interviews on TV channels. She is the joint owner of the couple’s privately owned stock trading firm, Rare Enterprises. Interestingly, the name of the firm combines the first two letters of her husband Rakesh’s name (Ra) and hers (Re). The couple got married in 1987 and has three children.
- The value of Rekha Jhunjhunwala’s portfolio surged as much as 47 percent to Rs 2814 crore, a jump of Rs 900 crore in a year. Her portfolio was worth Rs 1,909 crore on March 8, 2017. Rakesh Jhunjhunwala is known to actively manage Rekha’s portfolio.
- Among individual stocks, wherein she holds over 1 percent stake, Jewellery stock Titan and realty stock Delta Corp surged the most, gaining up to 80 percent since March 8, 2017. Rekha owns 3.17 percent and 1.5 percent stake in Delta Corp and Titan, respectively.
- NCC, TV18 Broadcast rallied nearly 50 percent, while Autoline Industries, Aptech, D B Realty, and Mcnally Bharat gained in the range of 10 percent to 30 percent.
- Rekha’s portfolio incurred losses on three companies. Viceroy Hotel tanked 25 percent, while Bilcare and CRISIL slipped 6 percent and 3 percent, respectively since March 8, 2017.
- The couple sold their entire 4.2 percent shareholding in IT firm Intellect Design Arena in February last year for an estimated Rs 53.08 crore. The stock of the firm has fallen 48 percent in the last year.
- Rekha Jhunjhunwala was appointed the director of Jalaram Baba Childrenâ€™s Nest Education Private Limited on 01-04-2015.
- Rekha Jhunjhunwala was appointed the director of Minosha Digital Solutions Private Limited on 12-06-2019.
- Rekha Jhunjhunwala was appointed the director of Ohm Educom Foundation Private Limited on 24-08-2004.
- She was appointed the director of the Rare Family Foundation on 24-08-2021.
|Full Name||Rekha Rakesh Jhunjhunwala.|
|Profession||Stock Market Investor|
|Famous For||Being the wife of Indian Businessman Rakesh Jhunjhunwala.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65kg|
|Date of Birth||12 September 1963|
|Day of Birth||Thursday|
|Age (as in 2022)||59 Years|
|Family||Father- Purushotam Premraj Gupta
Mother- Name Not Known
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||22 February 1987 (Sunday)|
|Husband/Spouse||Late Rakesh Jhunjhunwala|
|Children||Sons- Aryaman Jhunjhunwala & Aryaveer Jhunjhunwala
Daughter- Nishtha Jhunjhunwala